Thursday, July 24, 2014

Click and Swim.

Tonight I finally saw everything click for me in the swim.  Granted the distance is still not there but at least for the moment I saw myself swim with control, kick with a control and actually breathed with some control.  Each 25 meters were without stopping and without taking too much air or holding my breath too long.  I even tried to imagine the depths of the water being deeper than they actually were too hopefully prepare myself for the depths that I will actually be facing this Sunday.  It was as if Coach Lyndsi was there telling me to slow down and don't wear yourself out by swimming too hard or too fast.  I will need to work on this again tomorrow along with the open water swim on Saturday.  But for today I was deeply happy with something I never thought I could do.  While it is just one day and one swim it was maybe the start of something different for me.  Maybe it was a fluke but then again maybe something finally clicked in my thoughts and attitude towards my swimming.

I can't wait for tomorrow and see if this is something I can gain on and move forward on my swimming or if it is a start but still got a ways to go before this becomes the norm rather than the exception.

Now on the other hand my running was horrible to say the least.  My lower back was not the only thing hurting me this time around.  My running pains were expected because I am still fighting tightness and right now I am just going to have to fight it because apparently it is here to stay for a while.  Like last year it just came and then just went away.  Hopefully it will be the same for this year.  It was a good June at least with very little tightness but July has been hard on me for sure.

Sunday Sunday Sunday it my next tri-event and I cannot wait.

No comments: