Monday, May 26, 2014

Weekend wasn't as planned

Okay so this weekend didn't go exactly as planned thanks to Mother Nature and her hatred toward me it appears.  Saturday I got my bike ride and a little swim.  Sunday I got my swim in but due to a Frisco game it was tough to get anything in else.  Monday I only got a swim in due to the wet weather.  I was hoping for three straight days of riding and that didn't happen.  But I did notice that while I was riding around Grapevine it came to mind how it was when I first rode in Grapevine.  I could barely make it to the club and that small hill killed me and I thought that 3.5 miles felt like I was riding forever.  Now to present day I am conquering those hills and no longer is a 7 mile ride the max I can do.  Now I try to get in at least 20 miles per ride and on Sunday I really try to get in at least 30 to 35 miles.  Long ways from February to today.  But a good thing of course.

On my swim this weekend it was good and bad and today I would even go as far as saying it was great.  While not pretty mind you I made it 100 meters without stopping when I was swimming.  The only stops were the small breaks between those 25 meter swims.  So that is very positive thing for me.  While I am still a long ways to go before I will feel ready for an actual swim in the open waters. But this does help me to get to that point.  I missed the last couple of open water swims due to the week just taking it completely out of me.  But I am not going to miss anymore.  I need that practice in the real water.  And hopefully with Coach Lindsey's help we will get a deeper pool for me to swim in so I can adjust to the depth problems that I have when I look down.  I did not have too much anxiety on my last swim but it was still there.  But with some training I know I can overcome that feeling and see myself getting stronger with the swim.

On to this week's schedule.  Swimming after work at least four times this week.  Back and core workouts before each swim.  And than running at the club after that.  But I am not seeing any improvements in my back right now.  Even with the additional work with my back it is not seeming to be working.  And this is what is killing me.  What use to be my strong point is now limited in what I can do as it is hard for me to make it more than a mile before the tightness comes.  And when that tightness comes it is down hill for me quickly in my run.  What use to be a sub 28 is now averaging about 34 or 35 or worst.  And in the end that is what is making my actual finish times for my tri sprints getting worst instead of better even with me improving my swim and bike times.

No comments: