Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Back on the run

Wow today was both good and sore.  I got myself back out on the road running after being sick last week and fighting a sore or tight back all spring.  Today I decided to take it easy and also decided it was time to bring out one of those three pairs of shoes that I have store for future use and may that future today.  I got myself out there for a good 5 mile run with no back tightness.  It could be that I am focusing on back exercises and it could be that I am focusing on my core workouts or it could be that my old shoes were worn out and it was a matter of time before the real pain was going to come until I changed my shoes.  Well whatever it was it worked at least for today.  Prayer never hurts either.  Now I am sore in my other normal areas that you would expect to be sore if you haven't ran in a while.  Today's run was not pretty.  It looked like a new runner out there but no it was only me.

Plus the new shoes are cool.  First time to wear New Balance and the colors are totally not me.  But at least these shoes will allow me to wear pretty much any shirt and it will match my shoes.  Yeah they are a little wild.

The swim is improving still.  I am not there with the endurance still but I am getting further and further with the breathing working better and better now.  I am still not close yet to feel comfortable enough to start doing open water tri's.  But I am getting comfortable enough to at least aim for heading out to the first buoy.  I have missed the last couple of open water swims due to lack of sleep one weekend and sick last weekend.  I am both so excited to get back out there and looking behind me to see what next will hit me to prevent me from going this coming weekend.

No comments: