Wednesday, April 13, 2016

No Caveman this year

I have decided to use this race this weekend as one that I watch and study.  To see how others transition between swim to bike and from bike to run.  To take what I have been taught by Coach Lyndsi and to see others apply it and then see what I need to fix or correct for my future races.  Plus I am leaning towards more Cooper Tri's because from what I am told the pool situation might be better for my anxiety and this could lead to me actually enjoying the race completely without panicking during the swim.  I might still be bad at the swim but at least when I have to stop I can stand up and who knows for me that might make all the difference.  I will still do Old College Tri and Monster as well so I am not going to get rid of deep water swimming in my future but limiting it by one race could be a wiser decision for me.

Plus this would feel so different for me to be at a race and not partake in it.  I can actually cheer on my mates like Ms. Novia and Dawn, if they are doing it.

Anyway lately it has been me just swimming here and swimming there and swimming everywhere.  I have put more time in the water than most labs.  And labs actually love the water.  Ran against mother nature and she won, sadly.  But I did finish so take that mother nature.  So up yours mother nature.

I biked in strong winds and cross-winds that made me ponder death and where I would like to be buried.  Thanks for that Coach Lyndsi.

And now I got a few days away from the water on my schedule so I have more running and biking to come.

So my next race is TBD I guess.  Probably Cooper Tri in May or June I believe.  Better find that out so I don't miss it.

No comments: