Saturday, March 26, 2016

This Week In Review

Okay so this week I swam more than I have ever swam before in any given one week time frame.   I got pushed by my coach and training friend.  Dawn always seems to show up wherever I am with Coach Lyndsi.  And so for Wednesday after coach left and even though I swam 175 before everyone got there Dawn still pushed me to finish another 100.  Now I felt good about it.  But oh yeah, I was hoping that once our leader left it would be a good time to sneak out as well.  Add that to Monday where I did 1175 out of 1300 meters but then on Friday I could only manage 500 meters out of 1500 planned.  My body was just worn out.  And it was only then hanging onto the wall with a spirit that wanted to go and a body that said, oh hell no, that I realized that this should have been pushed out to Saturday instead of attempted on Friday.

Because on top of those swims I had a 11 mile bike ride in 26mph winds that scared the living crap out of me.  Seriously I had to lean into the wind just to stay straight and to keep my balance.  Yeah that wasn't a fun ride at all.  The only ride worst than that was my first ever race ride when it was both windy and raining for my first real ride.  Oh yeah that was another fun ride.  NOT.

And then on Thursday I ran 7 miles out of a planned 8 mile run.  It wasn't a scheduled planned run just the amount that I decided to run when I left my apartment and said how many?  How about 8?  Sounds good to me I said to myself and then off I went.

And that doesn't include my workout last Sunday so all in all it was about 6 or 7 days straight workout of some sort without any off days.  But to be honest everything was good so good, for me at least, that I didn't even think about taking off.  Even after the Sunday lecture that my coach did and that I attended where she said "ATHLETES NEED TO TAKE ONE DAY OFF A WEEK TO REST" and "YES IT IS THAT IMPORTANT".  Okay I may not have quoted Coach Lyndsi word for word but it was pretty close.  Now I see why she is coach and I am student.  Because I seem to need more learning because I seem to be more stubborn that most people.

So this coming week I will take off at least one day on top of my taking off today.

No comments: