Sunday, February 2, 2014

Finally Training for the Sprint Has Started

Finally have bike on hand and started riding it this weekend.  Of course I didn't make it 30 yards without me already falling down on the bike due to my shoes being hooked into my paddles.  Got to remember that.  I was told it was bound to happen I was just hoping it would have been later on not without eye sight of my starting point.  But other than that once I was on it I started getting use to it.  It is a beast that is for sure.  Not like riding my bike when I was a kid that is for sure.  This is totally different and rides totally different as well.  But after the fall the rest went cautiously and slowly.  Like I said still getting use to it.  I probably need to learn how to really ride this bike at White Rock where the cars are few and the grass is plentiful.

Miss my 20 miler so that really sucked.  Woke up with a tight back and no energy.  I am thinking the bike ride cause a little of that.  Probably should have waited to ride the bike until after my run because that took a lot out of me.  And sadly I only rode for probably 8 to 10 miles.  But again wow I am in need of endurance for this as well.  Running is great but it really does not prepare you for the other two sports in a triathlon.  I did get some running in this weekend just not the 20 that I had planned.  I will run from this point out and still got three weeks before the Cowtown.  So I should be good.  Or at least good enough to find a cab to get my sorry ass back to the finish line if nothing else. Swam good today.  I am working on some stuff that Coach Lyndsi taught me last Wednesday.  I will lose a few Wednesdays from this point forward due a class I am taking at church.  I am excited about that class as well.

Other than that and the fact that the weatherman was no where near close on getting the weather correct it was still a productive weekend for me.  Not as good as I would have liked but not as bad as it could have been either after the way I started Saturday.

My quick quote of the evening.  "There are two kind of people out there.  One who will set a goal and will work endlessly until it is accomplished and the other who will set a goal and expect it to come to them."  This is not the time for me to be the person who waits for his goals to come to him.  I am reaching out of my way to make sure that I get to it and accomplish it.  It will take time but time I have the desire for failure I do not.

Next week until Cowtown is time for me to refocus on my running to make it through this marathon.  After Cowtown is time for me to focus again back on my tri race on March 16th in Keller.  I will not fail on this.  I may drown, I may fall off my bike but I will not quit until I am over that finish line.  So until then run like you stole it and swim like Jaws is looking for a quick lunch.  All you got to do there is just be faster than the person behind you.

No comments: