Wednesday, January 29, 2014

A Swimmer Coming to A Pool Near You...

Tonight was a swim lesson for me.  I have been averaging about 4 nights a week at the pool lately.  Which is more than the last 7 years of all my total time in the pool if I added them all together.  So I am a little green and rusty around the edges when it comes to swimming.

Coach Lyndsi was great as usual.  Showing me ways to get from one end of the pool the other.  We worked on my kicking in the water, balancing my core and butt to force myself higher in the water to allow for a better swim and ended with me finally working on my arms and how they need to be when I get going in motion.  I still got a long ways to go when it comes to putting it all together in one flawless motion.  But with her help I know I can get there.  We will meet again on the last Wednesday of this month for sure and probably one or two more times in the coming weeks.  And by the way it is only 25 meters in length and it is killing me.  I got a long ways to go before I think about swimming 1.4 miles at any one time that is for sure.  But that is for me to worry about next year.  This year I need to focus on swimming 300 meters first in the pool and then in the open water.  And Coach Lyndsi is seeing some improvements with me from the first time we met to now.  I learned a few new things that I need to practice with when I am in the pool again this weekend.

Weekend is going to be packed out for me.  Friday I will either bike or run a few miles.  Saturday is the 20 miler.  Sunday is the Social Run that I kind of need to be there since I am hosting it for the RAW Nation but once that is over than it is off for a bike ride and probably the pool later on that afternoon.  I will probably end up missing a little of the Super Bowl but who knows.  Right now I just want to get a bike and swim in first on Sunday but I have to wait until my services are no longer needed for the Social Run.

And BTW ever since I started swimming and swallowing the pool water I cannot seem to get that taste out of my head when I am drinking my bottle water.  Strange.  In my head I know but it kind of freaks me out to taste the water and immediately think it is pool water that I am drinking.

2014 will be the year about Stan.  I am going to focus on what I want for a change.  No more volunteering to help others all the time, no more feeling like I should be somewhere that I do not want to be because I couldn't say no and most importantly it is about time that I thought of myself a little more.  I usually allow myself to do what others want because that is just the person that I am.  But this year I will not be rude by any chance but there will be a little more selfishness in my decisions.  I need to remember this phrase "I love me some me".  Okay that might be a little too cocky even for me to say. But I am goal oriented and this is my goal for these next couple of years or more.  To get myself ready for a 2015 Ironman 70.3.

No comments: