Thursday, March 27, 2014

Water is my friend

Well I had a swimming lesson on Tuesday and then another one today.  Tuesday was very good for me more because we only got to swim about 1/2 the time due to a class so we worked on my core exercises the rest of the time.  So I got some really good core exercises to do during the week and got a little bit of swimming in as well.  But today it was all swim.  I didn't use the snorkel once during the full hour.  I got more confidence in one hour than I have had the whole time I have been swimming.  Granted that whole time is still only about 2 months.  But hey it still counts.  I for the first time managed to get 25 meters straight without stopping.  And I did that even a few times.  So I am ready for the next few times of practice to work on these steps.  He taught me things I haven't ever tried before and it worked as well.  So while I am still wondering how this will all work for me at The Caveman Sprint Tri when I look down and see the never ending bottom but if I can swim I am thinking I can swim in even those conditions.  But needless to say I am excited that a change is a coming in my swimming game.  It is by far the weakest part of my game but I will be damned if it will not become one of my strongest parts of my game.  I will not allow this to keep me back.  I want this to become something that propels me to higher levels, keeps me in the front of the pack instead of the back and lastly I want people to know that what was meant to be a torn to my side will become the thing that I step over and say what was that...

This weekend will be fun.  Will get my first chance to get some open water experience.  I know I will be with all the other beginners for open water people but I can't wait to break that one and conquer yet another mountain in my life.

No comments: