Saturday, January 25, 2014

And I am back in the game

It is one week ago since I last really ran due to my shins.  I did try the treadmill last week but that only lasted a half mile before my shins started to hurt.  So I had my physical last Wednesday and when I talked to my doctor about it she told I could continue with my running as long as I did a few exercises before I really did my long runs.  Well today I ran for the first time in that one week.  I did intervals today just because it has been a while since I last ran and because my muscles were not there not to run at full speed just yet.  Well today the run went good not great but good.  The main thing is that I had no back or shin pains today after my 7 mile run.  It was slower than an old person crossing the grocery store lanes while you are wanting for them to finally find the side of the road so you can continue driving.  But it was almost pain free. The only pains I had were the usually pains from the muscles that haven't been used in a while.

After the run I went on to LA Fitness to continue my ugly looking swim session.  I swam 200 meters and actually swam each 50 meters at my top speed.  And needless to say that after just 150 meters my body was done but I wasn't.  I told myself that it is only two more swims and I would be finally done for the day.  Hit the hot tub after the swim and finally got home tired as all heck.

I need to keep myself focused on not drowning before my private lesson on Wednesday.  I am hoping between that lesson and the one at the end of the month that I will be able to start looking like an actual swimmer.


No comments: