Sunday, January 19, 2014

It is official. I am now fitted.

Well today at high noon I arrived at the Tri Shop ready to get biking.  Well fitted for a bike that is.  Heck I was still having to peddle like I was actually riding a bike.  And let me say that riding the still bike was showing me that man I am endurance challenged on the bike as well.  I rode it like a champion and then realized that while I felt like I rode for hours it was only a few minutes.  Oh this is going to be just great.  I mean I have yet to put the wheels to the road and I was already ready for a nap.  I am going to have to start working on the spin classes at LA Fitness along with riding with the DFW Tri Club soon to get that endurance up to at least average real soon.  No need think I will be the next Lance Armstrong anytime soon.  I will just start by putting goals in like making it to the end of the street, then to the next stop sign and finally maybe a mile or two.  With goals like that even I can meet them and exceed.  If you learn only one thing from me learn this.  Set your goals low and then you can always achieve them.

Now I need to actually get the bike.  I am going to call all my tri-friends and see what they would recommend.  They have experience in this and those people are always the best people to ask about advice.  I also need to remind myself to check my back seat to see if it actually folds down.  Become it is obvious that my mind is too busy with other things to remember to check something so simple.

Needless to say I did not swim or run today.  I will start back running tomorrow and hope that my shins will be better with these four days off.  It killed me that is for sure.  To see no clouds, great weather and perfect running conditions and I had to tell myself no.  Not today.  Today is a rest day to ensure your health down the road.

On a side note.  When you go to a restaurant and see no cars around yet they are open do you go inside to eat.  No seriously I would like to know because I saw that today and just kept on driving.  I mean it was 2 pm granted by shouldn't there have been at least a couple of cars there.  I know the other places around this one restaurant had cars in their spaces.  Made me wonder.

One a second side note.  A question that popped into my head and yes I am under the influence of brilliance.  But if you could go back in time and change one thing about your path what would you change.  Today I was thinking if only my shoulder wasn't so badly broken due to my running into a fence that didn't move although I sure as hell did.  But then I was thinking that if I could have changed that yes my shoulder would not be the way it is today.  But would I be here in Dallas, would I have attended or even know what a Fellowship Church was, would I have been able to be with great people, did my marathons, half-marathons or even now training for a triathlon.  Would I have dated someone like Diane and be rejected by here, would I have been volunteering in graphics and now not serving there.  Would I have been able to work for a great company that I am working for now and meeting such awesome co-workers.  None of these things would have been worth giving up just to have two perfectly healthy shoulders.  While it was not fun going through I would not have changed me charging for a ball only to slam into a fence and totally destroy a shoulder that one doctor said was the worst break he had ever seen.  But then that is what a perfectionist does.  They do it perfectly right.  So why would I break my shoulder half-ass when I can do it right and completely tear it a part.

No comments: