Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Pushing Myself Harder Than I Ever Have Before

As I am sitting here listening to some music I am planning out my rest of the week.  This weekend is going to be huge.  Got a 20 miler on Saturday and on Sunday I am hosting a Super Bowl Fun Run for RAW but after that I am riding the rest of the bike.  Not sure for how long but I can't wait to hop on and take her out for a spin.  Probably will ride from Grapevine to Keller on the back roads and then back.  Doubt I will head over to White Rock this weekend.  Tomorrow is more important for me as I take the next step in my swimming with a private lesson from Coach Lyndsi.  She is amazing and I know she can get me going shortly.  Nothing might be solved tomorrow night but I am at least hoping the start of something good will at least start tomorrow.  Thursday probably will just swim again with Friday being either a run or a bike session.  So this week is full with a lot of training.  This also keeps me not only busy but it keeps my mind focused.  And I need that in my life.

So for this year I am going to push myself harder than I ever have before.  I am going to be focused on getting my game on and doing a few sprints triathlons before starting to think about the 70.3 in 2015.  I am thinking about where to go for that and right now Knoxville interests me.  I would love to swim in the same water where the Vols Navy park their boats for UT games.  Good Ol Rocky Top.  Of course going outside the country for one would be awesome too.  Still got a long ways before I have to worry where in 2015 I will be doing the 70.3 but it will also be here before I know it and they will sell out quickly so I am going to have to pick one and then train like a bat out of hell to get ready for it.

But for now lets not think about swimming over a mile just yet until I can master the 300 meters first.


No comments: