Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Friday is the first day

I am collecting all the information I need to join the Tri DFW Club and this Friday will be my first time to meet some of the people in the group.  It will also be the first time in years that I will be in the pool to actually swim.  Oh what the heck am I saying it might also be the first time I have been in the pool period.  I have lived by pools for a lot of years only to probably average about one trip a year to the pool.  So for me to be going to the pool this early in the year is AMAZING.  I will by the end of the month have a chance to be at the pool more times that all my pool going added together while I have lived in Texas.  But I am excited this time about it because this Friday will also mark the start of a new challenge for me and one I never thought I could have done due to my shoulder.  So bring on the water.  I am about to become a swimmer after all.  This will be great for my parents because now I will actually want to hang out by the pool in the summer more than I have in the past.  So bring on the pool parties.  But I probably shouldn't drink and swim just yet.  Still a light weight in the drinking department.  I would hate to get lost in the pool if I drank too much.

As you can tell not much to write about tonight.  I could have mentioned my horrible run but I decided to focus on the positive thoughts tonight and for me that is ironically swimming.  

"Pushing Myself Harder Than I Ever Have Before"

No comments: