Sunday, January 12, 2014

Swimming Weekend

Holy Cow this is so frustrating for me.  I have always been a on hands learner.  Once I do it a couple of times I am good to go.  With everything in my life I am a quicker learner because I learn quicker while doing rather than reading about it.  So for me this weekend is both a learning process and a process of patience.  And patience is not one of my strong points in my life.  I did see a little progress today, Sunday.  But it was very little and it is killing me.  I see the other guy swimming like it is nothing.  My coach makes it look so easy as well.  Just breath out of your nose when your face is in the water and then breath in with your mouth when it is out of the water.  Simple.  Well not so fast.  I am getting the breathing out of my nose part.  But I am mostly getting water and not air when I turn my head to breath back in.  Water that can't be good.  And I am drinking so much water I believe that they may need to refill the pool everything I leave.  I am envisioning myself being a decent swimmer shortly.  Now I just need to know what shortly really means.  Is it by the end of this month, next or when?  I am not someone who likes to be kept in the dark about anything.  And I want control of everything I do.  I need to be in control for sure.  So this is really killing me because I know that I have control but it isn't really under my control in the end.  It will be patience, practice and lots of listening and learning to get this down to where I am doing it correctly and for a good distance too.

Well that is pretty much how my weekend went.  Got in soon running, got in lots of water time and even officially signed up for the DFW Tri Club as well.  I am now both an member of DFW Tri and LA Fitness.  I really am enjoying the pool there and the fact that so far I have been able to get a lane by myself which helps me a lot.

No comments: